Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why am I blogging?

Hello! My name is Carolyn Elaine. I once received a bookmark that said the name Carolyn is a feminized name for Charles, which means "Strong." My middle name is Elaine. The definition of Elaine is "Light." I want to be a strong light spiritually. And I have a long, long way to go.

Very long. Very, very, very long. If "holy, holy, holy" means the Lord is holy, holier and holiest over all; then I am very, verily, veriest(?) far from being a strong light of faith. But I have begun this journey.

I think my journey began when I was born, actually! I don't know if my spiritual journey came before I was born, but I believe so. How much earlier though, is unknown to me. I don't know if I sat in heaven waiting to be born; but born I was.

My spiritual life, like anyones, changes over time. And mine began intensely 8 years ago and came to a point of decision making 4 years ago. I have decided to follow Jesus. "Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth and the light; no one comes to father, except through me." (John 14:6)

And the journey began.

No comments: